January 9, 2010

Mimosa Milange


I have to admit that ever since I was "legal", I have truly adored a good ole Mimosa. ESPECIALLY if it was derived from fresh squeezed OJ (aka "liquid gold"). Kinda like how you only take out the "good dishes" for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I only indulged in Mimosas for special brunch occasions (or business class trans-continental flights).

I'm in a new place now on lots of different levels. First, I believe that life is too short to relegate Mimosas to special occasions, and I have begun to experiment with the hallowed orange juice/champagne combination. I have discovered a wonderful paring in the exotic/tropical fruit juices of mango, passion fruit and guava. I think my favorite right now is the passion fruit.

Take your favorite champagne, prosecco (Italy's version) or sparkling wine (from the red, white and blue USA), and add a tropical juice to it. I like a 50/50 ratio, but you decide on your own best mix. This is truly ideally served in a champagne glass. The way the glass is structured, the bubbles head straight for the nostrils. Other glasses will do, but there's something about a champagne flute that shouts "special".

When you do discover this new wonderful combo for yourself, raise a glass for me. Bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment